Friday 27 March 2020

LOCKDOWN

LOCKDOWN


Today is the 3rd day of the total  lockdown for 21 days declared by Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India.  

Total compliance with the requirements of  the total lockdown is our primary responsibility.  Also we are responsible for others' life. AND WE SHALL FULFILL OUR RESPONSIBILITY.


LOCKDOWN IN INDIA


First thing I tried to understand is what is Total lockdown? And I learnt that it is an emergency measure taken in which people are prevented from entering or leaving a restricted area or premises during a threat of danger. In this case, that of Corona virus.

In this article, I intend to share with ardent readers my approach and attitude towards the total lockdown, how I enjoy the excess of time at my disposal, application of creativity, physical exercises within my home,  and seizing this God given opportunity for spending quality time with my near and dear ones. 

Not only that, I found that I need not worry about the idea of social distancing, isolation, self-isolation, being alone.  In fact I find such situations can prove sort of blessing in disguise. For example, one can seriously engage in self analysis, self awareness, and getting connected with the divine universal force.  This is the most rejuvenating experience for both body and mind and consequently to maintain overall physical and mental health. In fact I feel so safe and secure in the presence of the divine force.

I am aware that the inevitable circumstance has to be accepted without any complaints.  There is no other option.  And this helps us to reduce the mental stress by trying to find out the way out to avoid such circumstances.

EFFECTS OF LOCKDOWN IN INDIA


I have come to know there are many questions faced by people during the total lockdown period. For example - 
  • How to take care of mental health during this 21 days period of total lockdown?
  • What good practices we can adopt?
  • What productive ways can be used to achieve improvement in life?

There are further questions I came across- like -
  • What will be the personal impacts of total lockdown?
  • What will be the economic impacts on India?
  • What will be the psychological impact on the individual person?

HOW TO FACE THE LOCKDOWN PERIOD


And since generally I prefer not to advise but share my learning in life, I am doing the same in this article and hope that my able readers will find it useful and significant.

Generally we do have problem of shortage of time. But with this lockdown condition, we are suddenly exposed to the problem of excess of time.

I was damn serious and determined to make the most of this God given opportunity. Therefore, I -
  • planned perfect life style ie getting up at the scheduled time, daily exercises, pranayam, breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, evening leisure activities like tv news, books, simple dinner and late night book reading, and good night sleep.
  • started spending quality time with my near and dear ones. This helps me strengthening further my relations with the spouse and the children leading to the strong bondage among my family members.
  • identifying and synchronizing with my body clock. I have ample time, therefore, I could carefully fix the scheduled timing of our breakfast, lunch and dinner. By this, the physiological requirements of body systems are met at proper and required time.  
  • maintaining our health.  With ample time at my disposal, I could effectively workout the plan for the purpose of achieving healthy life.
  • engaged myself in household works like sweeping, washing the utensils, clothes,helping my spouse prepare light snacks, watering the plants etc.

This lockdown has prompted me to identify the requirement of meaningful and significant habits to live a live a healthy life.

For developing meaningful habits in life, I took into consideration three aspects in our life-
  1. Physical Health
  2. Mental health
  3. Spiritual progress
Physical health is most important, know the saying- health is wealth. And we are generally aware of this fact.
In my case I do cleaning and maintenance work at home, like sweeping, washing dishes and utensils, 
LOCKDOWN
Lockdown-washing the utensils
preparing tea, chapattis or light snacks, say poha etc.
Lockdown
Lockdown- Preparing Chapattis


Lockdown Preparing Snacks
Preparing snacks

                          watering the plants in the balcony and so on.
Lockdown-watering the plants
Lockdown- watering the plants

Lockdown-operating washing machine
Lockdown-Operating washing machine
In next few days, I am sure, I can identify more such works which will help me to maintain my place and surroundings very healthy and cheerful.
I am aware of the kind of my food intake ie diet - quality and quantity. And that I must have at least four morsels less than I do require.
I can have ample quality time to enjoy with spouse, my children, of course observing minimum distance.

Apart from above, I utilize excess time at my disposal in  learning Google Certifications for Bloggers, since I am active lifestyle blogger. This learning, I am sure, will help me have technical knowledge that  I will be able to apply in practice. Learning new things always keep our mind active.
Our mental health is equally important which is not paid proper attention .
Therefore, I should be equally cautious to have healthy diet for my mind. And that I should have positive exposures in every media - reading,tv,cinema,internet etc.
For this I must be aware of what is meaning and significance of mental bath and its importance to maintain healthy mind.
Let us not forget that healthy mind ensures healthy body.
Now, with the opportunity of the total lockdown, one will be able to understand the various health related aspects explained above. And I am sure, having understood the same, one will carefully plan for living a healthy life and will work out the plan to achieve the desired results during this inevitable total lockdown.
This is precisely how to turn the total lockdown period into quality time - Like I have done.
This is all about what I have done.

How do I deal with the mental stress built during the lockdown period?


  • I keep myself away from news updating about the Corona Virus.
  • I keep myself away from collecting information on social media instead I rely upon Govt. authentic resources.
  • I ignore and avoid to see the daily update on death toll.
  • Do not indulge in forwarding unnecessary messages on social media.
  • I engage myself in my favorite hobby of reading books, writing on my blog,listening music, enjoying company of my neighboring grandson.
  • I observe the routine of washing my hands very strictly and also advise my family members to do so.
  • I ensure to engage my mind in positive thinking only. And also encourage my family members to do the same.
  • I am very much hopeful, optimist and have strong belief that the most challenging  phase in our life will be overcome by us and good, healthy and peaceful days will come back soon. The light will prevail upon darkness.

LOCKDOWN - UNIVERSAL PRAYER-

WILL YOU ALL JOIN ME? 

I AM SURE, YOU WILL!

Now, most importantly -about what I am going to do till the total lockdown period is over-
Daily at 7.30 p.m. I am going to do UNIVERSAL PRAYER-

MAY THERE BE GOOD HEALTH IN ALL
MAY THERE BE PEACE IN ALL
MAY THERE BE FULFILLMENT IN ALL 
MAY THERE BE PROSPERITY IN ALL

My dear friends, are you going to join this universal prayer at 7.30 p.m. daily? 

I understand that prayers done by infinite number of the individuals minds spread all over the world will yield the most desired result of regaining overall sound health of all human being. 

If you wish  to join the prayers, you are most welcome!  
Remember, 7.30 p.m. (IST) everyday!
Thanks.

.......Next Time......







7 comments:

  1. We can only hope for the best right now. Maybe hoping for some miracle. Imaigne all the small businesses that are closing forever. This is so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading your blog post- there’s re soo many blessings within the situation and it’s soo nice seeing some positivity. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there! I really love your positive notes during lockdown. You decided to make the best of having excess time. Prior to the pandemic, we always feel that time is limited. Yet now we find the time to do a lot of things. Thanks for being an inspiration. Hang on! This shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great post about the new normal. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The world is such a difficult place right now, but it sounds like you've been able to find some positives through lockdown!

    ReplyDelete

 BALANCING LIFE'S PRIORITIES  (In this article, discover the importance of balancing life's priorities and find strategies to help y...

Trending