Wednesday 5 December 2018

Being Alone !


Being Alone !

My own experience

A Blessing !

Being Alone
-Being Alone - 

When I came across the above tree in my morning walk, I felt as if it was telling me - I am alone and I enjoy it. It is really  a blessing for me. Come, take from me, whatever you can. I have still some thing useful for you. I am hopeful and waiting for the rain so that I can flourish more and give back more and more.


Being Alone- A blessing


Having applied my own sarasar vivek ie power of discretion, I made decision to opt for voluntary retirement 2 years before superannuation, my well wishers asked me, ' what are you going to do ? you will become mad!'. Other things included various problems I may face like -
  • may have health problems
  • may go in to depression
  • may suffer from loneliness
  • do not forget, man is a social animal
  • may get bored
  • who will wake you up in the morning?
  • who will help you when you are sick?
  • may get scared often
  • may become psychologically sick
Well, I did not react but thanked them for their considered opinion.  I had thoroughly considered the situation and all other factors were convenient for my decision and therefore I went ahead with the same. 

What I learned from my friends' suggestion was almost all of them had this man's egoistic approach. Being head of the family, you will be reduced to an isolated, good for nothing entity in the family. No body will care or bother for you.  No body will speak to you.  You will be totally neglected.  You will feel as if you are not existing.  Well, that was all that fear of a typical  man's psychology.  

Of course, there were a few  who encouraged me to go ahead while being careful not to give any impression of  crossing  the boarder to interfere in my own business.   

Being Alone - A Blessing 


On my part, I was confident that being alone will enable me to -
  • de-clutter my mind
  • give significant rest to my mind
  • rejuvenate my mind and body
  • nourish my mind with positive thoughts
  • utilize my time at optimum level
  • enjoy constructive hobbies and activities.
  • go in the company of the mother nature. (This is the time I realized that for many years I had not witnessed sunrise or sunset.)
  • observe pet animals
  • kids going to and coming from their school
  • to develop my concentration
  • discover my own inner personality
  • introspect my life to improvise
  • identify the wisdom of my own life
  • understand any problem thoroughly and find effective solutions 
  • identify the relations which are significant for me and my family
  • go for meditation and thus tap the sources of  my inner wisdom 
And things now have been as I was expecting, thanks God.  Now I have lot of time at my disposal to 
  • I can spend a lot of time in observing the mother nature !
  • indulge in my favorite hobby of reading the  insightful books in my continuous efforts to learn 
  • meditate
  • follow the practice of Yoga Nidra
  • follow daily routine of my exercise, pranayama, morning walk and thus maintain good health
  • take care of my mental bath
  • utilize time at my disposal optimally
  • introspect myself fruitfully
  • share my life learning with those willing  to receive
  • help others whenever required
  • realize that still I have lot of scope to develop and flourish
  • feel that life is meaningful and significant for every living entity
  • understand the real meaning of supreme values of life

And, yes, THANKS for visiting and reading this post.

Next time ......









No comments:

Post a Comment

 BALANCING LIFE'S PRIORITIES  (In this article, discover the importance of balancing life's priorities and find strategies to help y...

Trending