Wednesday 8 August 2018

What is my routine to keep myself healthy?


What is my routine to keep myself healthy?


Before revealing the secret, let me first ponder over the meaning of  term healthy.  The term healthy is adjective of health.  According to World Health Organization, health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well being apart from the absence of disease or  infirmity.  Obviously, healthy means to be free from disease or pain, ability to enjoy health and vigor of body, mind and spirit. 

After joining my first job, once I was going for medical test when one of old college friend met me. On preliminary exchange, he came to know that I was going for some medical test.  He warned me, saying that what is wrong with you? If you feel hungry, have no digestion problem, and enjoy regular sleep and normal carnal pleasures, you are absolutely healthy and fine.  He further cautioned me about medical  practitioners' trap for such victims for exploitation.

Who can ignore the  generations old saying that health is wealth? We will be unfortunate if we do not understand the significance of our traditional wisdom.


Before expressing further, let me think over again if really I can see myself as healthy.  Yes,I am positive. 

Because, I can, by God's grace, take care of my daily physical needs, brushing teeth, taking bath, going to toilet, taking my lunch and dinner comfortably, go for morning and evening walks, enjoy music, can enjoy good humor with smile, and most importantly I need not put efforts to display a hearty smile. 

Even if I initiate conversation with unfamiliar persons, they do not run away from me.  So I am confident in thinking that I am healthy in spite of my medication.

I can enjoy whatever dish offered to me - salty, sweet, hot, spicy, anything vegetarian.  Of course, I am careful not to take anything in excess.

I read autobiography of one famous medical practitioner in India who is retired now, 75 + in age, physically fit.  He says that at this age also he does suryanamaskaras i.e. sun salutation exercise to keep himself in good health and physique.  He says it is his own experience to have achieved the benefits of suryanamaskaras.

As I always think, reading only is not enough.  Such wisdom we come across in books we must try to bring in our practice in our own interest. I have been particular to follow his advice and am happy with the results I am getting.

Recent research has revealed that mind and body have direct relation.  If mind is healthy, it has great effect on our physical health.  Stable mind ensures good health and unstable mind leads to sickness and abnormality in our body functions.

Recent reading introduced me to the astonishing process of self affirmations and its advantages we can realize.  And yes, I have implemented the same in my daily routine. I apply the technique of self affirmations three times a day - immediately getting up in the morning,  while enjoying morning walk and immediately before going to sleep in the night. This has given me great peace of mind, enthusiasm and vigor to enjoy my life.

Some of the affirmations I apply in my routine :-

I am healthy,  strong and happy.

Every day I am getting healthier, happier and better.

My inner wisdom always guides me in the life.

I am grateful for all that life has given me.

I am grateful to my mind and body.

Apart from above, as per the need I feel, I work out new relevant affirmations. This gives great results and is reflected in my good heal - physical and mental.

Next time .....




No comments:

Post a Comment

 BALANCING LIFE'S PRIORITIES  (In this article, discover the importance of balancing life's priorities and find strategies to help y...

Trending